No- we are not charging for utensils.
HOWEVER, I urge all parents to set up a food-service account. We are about to send out an email to parents regarding negative balances on student accounts. I am willing to bet that most parents are unaware that their child owes money.
I can relate (based on a real conversation):
Scene: Sunday evening. Father tries to settle into couch and watch a soothing episode of Breaking Bad. His son approaches.
Son: Dad, can I have some money to put into my lunch account.
Father (pausing the DVR): Okay, Here is a check for $50. That should tide you over for a while.
Son: Thanks, Dad!
One week Later
Scene: Sunday evening. Dad tries to settle into couch and watch a soothing episode of Breaking Bad. Son approaches.
Son: Hey Dad, I need more money for my lunch account.
Dad. (Pauses the DVR): What the heck are you talking about? I just gave you money.
Son (shrugging): I don't know, the lunch lady said I need to add money to my account.
Dad (moving to computer): Well, let's see what shows up on your account.
Son (looking nervous): Um, you can do it later, why don't you return to watching your show. It seems to relax you.
Dad: (looking at the computer screen): Here we go. What the heck? There is the deposit of $50, and you blew through it in a week. You owe $3.36!
Son: (slowly moving towards the door): That must be wrong...
Dad (pointing to the computer screen): Did you give them the check- it's right here. And then you spent over $10 on lunch every day What'd you buy?
Son: Two lunches.
Dad: Yeah, I see that...and what else?
Son (looking sheepish): And a drink.
Dad: At $2?! Wait- it says you bought two!
Son (turning red): Well Sara was thirsty...
Dad: Wait. What? Who's Sara?
So, as you can see, having a lunch account not only allows you opportunity to have a meaningful and (potentially) enlightening conversation with your child.
For more information, please go here.
http://www.chartwellsschooldining.com/mmps/content/prepaymentoptions.asp
1. Create a user profile by clicking Here
2.
Add students to your household - you'll need the child's name and birth
date and student ID (Note: student ID may be optional depending on the
school).
3. Now you're ready to make payments!
What if I forgot my Login ID or password?
On
the right side of the login page, click on "Forgot Your ID or
Password?". The system will ask for your login name or your email
address. If a match is found, you must answer your security question
correctly before you'll be prompted to enter a new password. If you
can't remember your security answer you may alternatively choose the
option to receive a password reset request by email.
How do I know my information is secure? Transaction
information is encrypted and sent from your PC to the mySchoolBucks.com
server via a secure gateway. Look for the "https" in the address field
of your web browser window, and the closed lock in the bottom tray of
the browser window.
How can I request notification via email when my child's balance is low? In
the left navigation panel, click the 'Email Preferences' link, then
check the box to request low balance notifications and fill in the
amount. When your child's balance goes below that amount, an email
message will be automatically sent to the email address in your user
profile.
No comments:
Post a Comment